Info, Rules & Regulations
- September 13 – Classes Begin
- October 11 – Thanksgiving – No Classes
- October 14 – Trial period over for recreational programs
- November 27 – Tentative Christmas recital
- December 4 – *tentative Santa Claus Parade – Classes running on delayed schedule
- December 14 – January 1 (inclusive) – Christmas Break – No Classes Classes resume January 3rd 2022
- February 21 – Family Day – No Classes
- TBA– Competitive Showcase dress rehearsal and shows (competitive classes only)
- March 14-19 (inclusive) – March Break – No Classes
- April 18 – Easter Monday – Classes Running
- May 23– Victoria Day – No Classes
- May 28– Last Day of Classes
- Tentative May 30 & May 31 – Tentative EDS Photo Nights
- Tentative June 1 – Opening Number Rehearsal (all participating dancers)
- Tentative June 2-4 – Dress rehearsal and recital dates – E.L. Fox Auditorium, Guelph
PAYMENT OF FEES
A NON-REFUNDABLE registration fee of $20 per family is payable upon registration.
Brand new recreational registrations have a trial period until the 14th of October. During this trial period there is a financial commitment of the non-refundable $20 registration fee as well as payment for all enrolled classes up to and including October 14th. If a student wishes to discontinue at the end of the trial period, the parent(s) must contact the dance studio on or before October 14th via email only. After October 14th the dancer is committed to the class they are enrolled in for the remainder of the season. With this the parent(s)/guardian are committed to the full season of tuition as well as costume fees and any other fees that are listed on their studio statement. This is available to the parent(s) at any time. There are no refunds/credits of any kind.
Competitive students have a trial period until the 14th of September. During this trial period there is a financial commitment of the non- refundable $20 registration fee as well as payment for all enrolled classes up to and including September 14th. If a student wishes to discontinue at the end of the trial period, the parent(s) must contact the dance studio ON OR BEFORE September 14th via email only. After September 15th the dancer is committed to the class they are enrolled in for the remainder of the season. With this the parent(s)/guardian are committed to the full season of tuition as well as costume fees and any other fees that are listed on their studio statement. This is available to the parent(s) at any time. There are no refunds/credits of any kind
Please remember that young children are often intimidated by new situations and should complete the entire trial period before any final decisions are made.
In cases of illness or injury the studio may issue a credit to be applied to the next year’s tuition. Doctor’s notes are required for the credit to be issued.
Can be made by the following methods:
- E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All payments are due at the 1st of each month. All late payments will be charged a 2% late fee on the total amount that is late.
- 26.4% annual interest charges (from September 1st) will be charged on all fees not paid in full by June 30th. *there is a $20 service fee for all dishonoured cheques.
All non-competitive dancers have the opportunity to participate in our annual Christmas Recital. Each dancer will get a signature EDS Christmas tee that they will wear for ALL routines ($10/tee). All un-returned costumes are subject to an additional $20 replacement fee.
YEAR END RECITAL
- All students are welcome to participate in our year-end recital. Students must have excellent attendance and practice their routines. Students must understand that they are part of a team and that once they have committed to participating, it is important that they fulfil their commitments.
- Students are expected to attend 80% of the classes in order to participate in the recital
- Dancers are expected to attend their last 3 classes before recitals.
- Students who are not participating in the recital must notify the studio via email only by December 1st.
- Beginner, Novice and Jr level costume fees are $75/costume.
- Teen level costume fees as well as Acro II and up are $85/costume
- Year end costume fees are non-refundable and due December 1st.
RULES AND REGULATIONSThe following information is a guideline of Encore Dance Studio and its team of staff and teachers. It is subject to change at the discretion of Management as they see fit.
- Parents are responsible for picking up their child immediately after their dance class has finished. Encore Dance Studio will not be held responsible for students once they have finished classes and have left the facility. Dancers are encouraged to wait inside for their parents.
- Parents are to remain outside of the classroom and are not permitted to enter the classroom for any reason.
- Parents are welcome to attend classes during Parent Viewing Week. If you attend, please remain seated and quiet. Please turn off cell phones. Please leave all constructive criticism of the performances and practices to the dance instructor. Please do NOT bring younger siblings along to viewing weeks as it can be disruptive to the class in progress. Please do not videotape the classes to respect the privacy of other children.
- Dancers are expected to respect the dress code that is posted on our website and outlined in our Studio Policies.
- Encore Dance Studio does not tolerate fighting, bullying, theft and vandalism.
- Dancers and Parents are expected to demonstrate and encourage positive behaviour and attitudes. Encore Dance Studio is a family orientated environment that aims for the utmost excellence in welcoming, and creating a safe place for all dancers and families. Please help us keep the studio in such regard.
- Dancers and Parents are encouraged to continue positive, encouraging behaviour throughout social media.
- If there is a concern that you as the parent would like to discuss with a teacher or the Director, please speak with the receptionist, or email the studio email address to set up a meeting either in person or on the phone to discuss the concern.
- If weather conditions are poor, please contact the studio after 2pm. A message on the studio answering machine will announce any cancellations, postponements or classes moved to online platforms. A studio email will also be sent. If there is no message or email, please assume classes are still running. Please use your own judgment during poor weather – we ask that you do not put your child’s or your own health and safety at risk. Classes postponed or moved to an online platform for any reason will not be refunded. This will only happen due to poor weather conditions, severe studio wide illness, government issued closure, safety concerns for the wellbeing of the students and teachers.
- No refunds/credits are given to dancers who miss classes for any reason
- Please do not send your child to class if they are ill or if they have a contagious illness. Students who have plantar warts must keep their feet covered in the studio. Students with head lice should remain home until they are positive that is no longer there.
- Please notify the studio if your dancer will be away from class.
- There is to be no food in any areas of the studio except for the lunch room. Bringing food into change rooms is prohibited. ** There is to be no food inside the building
- Only water is permitted for dancers during their class time. Any other drink will not be allowed in the dance rooms. *Due to high allergies of nuts, Encore Dance Studio is a Peanut Free building.
- Parents of small children are asked to take their child to the washroom before class begins.
- Please label all dance shoes, dancewear and water bottles with your dancer’s name.
- All articles of clothing, dance shoes, and reusable water bottles left in the class after the class has ended will be placed in the lost and found bin. Please check this regularly as it is donated monthly.
- Communication is vital. Parents are expected to check their email regularly as newsletters and updates are sent out on a regular basis. It is the responsibility of the parent to update their current email address with Encore Dance Studio. It has happened that EDS emails have been directed to personal email spam – please check and update your spam filter. Studio newsletters are also posted here.
- Please notify the studio of any changes in your phone number, address or any other important information.